When you purchase a Gate Smart Lock, your package includes eight spacers. Spacers are made of synthetic material and are used to adapt your Smart Lock to thinner doors. There are two thick and two thin teardrop-shaped spacers (for the front of the lock); and two thick and two thin smaller circular spacers (for the back of the lock).
Here are steps to install spacers onto your Smart Lock:
- Hold your demo block (side of block with the actual deadbolt) against your door to compare door thickness.
- If you notice that your door is thinner than the demo block, then you will need to use spacers to reach the same thickness as the demo block. You may need to try different combinations of spacers in order to reach the ideal thickness.
- *Note: Try to evenly space out your spacers on the front and back of the lock. For example, if you put one thick front spacer on, also put one thick back spacer on. If you put two thick spacers on the front, also put two thick spacers on the back. Also note that two thin spacers are the same thickness as one thick spacer. To attach spacers:
- Unscrew your Gate smart lock from the Demo block as you normally would.
- Put your teardrop-shaped front spacer(s) onto the inside of the front part of the lock. Make sure to line up the shape of the spacer to the shape of the lock.
- Put your circular back spacer(s) onto the inside of the back part of the lock, again making sure to line up the shape of the spacer to the shape of the lock.
- Install your Gate Smart Lock as you normally would onto your door.
Please sign in to leave a comment.